Sunday, November 2, 2008

>: New England Trip


In the summer of '08 (the year I graduated high school), we went on a family trip eastward. Our first stop put us in Hartford, Connecticut. This is the wonderous state in which my two older siblings and their respective spouses (also brother and sister; our family rocks, don't be jealous) live. While we (Benny and Winona Killpack, Melody Killpack Clyde, Chase Clyde, and myself) were there, we took part in many fun activities including this photo which matisse insisted on (Chase was reluctant). I love being with my big brother and sister.

This was a particularly creative and fun game we invented. I can't remember who thought of it, but I'm pretty sure it came during a Nerf fight between Jared, Chase, and myself. Doesn't have a name, but it involves a high ceiling, Nerf guns, and a rotating fan. Good thing Patrick and Meghann have plenty of each.
It is a bit of a variation of a game we played in Patrick and Meghann's old house where you'd try and get all the darts stuck to the ceiling before any fell (it's harder than it sounds with those break-action shotguns).


The fruits of our labor:



We also went to these delightful waterfalls. The hike to the actual falls we could jump into looked a lot like Amon Hen in "The Fellowship of the Ring" minus some old human structures and statues. The water was very cold and Jared did not let us forget it. This picture makes me think of the Power Rangers for some reason.







I really, really, really like this picture. Something lurks in the falls. This was taken right before Jared realized how cold the water was. This was also an awesome place to take pictures because the water where Jared is standing is only a couple of inches deep. When shot from this angle, it looks like people are walking on water.







Yeah, Jared was really really cold. I could not stop laughing. He was screaming bloody murder at this point. This is a very awesome picture if you ask me. I win the pale contest.











Jumping off was fun. Don't worry Nonie, it was fairly deep. Your feet touched, but it was nothing but soft gravel under the water. Jared and I jumped off twice at the same time and both times he let out a yelp of dread just before hitting the freezing water.

6 comments:

jaredandmatisse said...

Hip Hip hurray!!! I am so excited to keep up with you via blog. It will be so priceless to see what you are doing when ever I want. Great post. You are such a good writer that I bet you will have businesses courting you to advertise on your blog. Tisse

jaredandmatisse said...

You neglected to mention that all the water is pouring onto me while I block it from getting to you. That was such a fun trip and you are welcome to come back as often as you like. - jared

Meghann said...

Yea!!!! I'm so excited that you have a blog now! I am going to check it everyday! I love the pictures that you picked.

jaredandmatisse said...

I think I want to give you a new nick name. "S". yes, just the letter "S". Just like we call George W. Bush "W". I think S. Clyde is a great stage name. We can tell beocome you were named after "Smith" in the Matirix!

EmilyCC said...

Gosh, I thought I commented, but better late than never!

Love the blog--but isn't it about time for an update :)

Michael said...

Nice, Daniel, you've got more on your blog than I have on mine--cause, well, I don't have one . . . .

Uncle Michael (yes, the better looking, smarter, funnier brother)