Thursday, August 6, 2009

>: Mine and Ivy Hazlett's new word.

Wanpathder: To double back in a conversation; to return to a topic previously mentioned but forgotten as the conversation progressed.

Example: "So dude, I was watching Star Wars the other day and decided that the A-Wing Rebel Fighters are the coolest"
"I dunno about that man, so did you see Lost last night?"
"Oh yeah, wasn't that crazy when they found out the Island was really a Peninsula? Did NOT see that coming"
"...I hate to wanpathder here bro, but I think the B-Wing fighters are way cooler..."

The birth of this word came from the phrase: "Just in case a bear happens to wanpathder across our." It happened because I must have tapped the mouse pad with my hand whilst typing and placed the cursor in the middle of wander just in time to type path.

Anyway, that's the word. I put it in Urban Dictionary, but just in case they don't accept it...I'm putting it on here as well.

The word wanpathder was created by Daniel Clyde and Ivy Hazlett during a facebook chat on August 5th, 2009.

(Credit for "The Island being a peninsula" goes solely to Oakley Benedict Gordon.)

No comments: